Saturday, January 9, 2010

Global Warming


In school, we were assigned a research task and we had the choice of our topic. For my paper, I chose Global Warming. The reason I chose this category was because I am very interested in the environment and I knew that there was a lot about Global Warming I do not yet know. I was really only aware of how Global Warming was effecting the arctic and I wanted to know how it effects other places. Something very interesting I learned was that Global Warming is actually beneficial to some. It is beneficial to some reindeer because the moisture in the air, from the heat, is making plants grow more rapidly which makes finding food easier for these reindeer. During this process, I have learned how Global Warming is changing places other than the arctic. I have learned how it impacts places such as bodies of water (and the marine life in them), tropical rain forests and normal forests, and more on the arctic . I have learned a lot from my research and really enjoyed learning about my environment and how I can help.

No comments: